How to Make a Ring Dish with Transfers


Hey everyone! I have to say that this project has been so much fun, and I can't wait to share it with you all. My love for silkscreen and transferred images lead me to find Elan Transfers on Instagram and opened up a creative spring inside me to get back to making hand-built ceramics.

 

Look how these dishes glow in the Cayman sunshine          


I’ve been waiting a while to get my hands on underglaze transfers, and once we got in our new slab roller, it was my time to shine. I am so impressed at how well these transfers stick to the raw clay, bisque fire and then handle the overglaze firing. The images really pop under a clear glaze and bring an ordinary ring dish to life.

 

There are so many different transfer patterns to chose from, it was hard for me to pick just one, but the cactus pattern really spoke to me. I really love it alone with a gold accent, or colored in with a bit of watercolor. Which transfer do you gravitate towards?

 

I love that the transfers come in a variety of color. That monstera pattern is magic       

I was so inspired by these transfers, that it was high time I got to use them, along with my GR pottery forms (found here) to make something special! Check out my latest pottery tutorial below or here on YouTube. 


 Shout to our intern Sharon for putting together this stellar tutorial for me, she is gold!


Peace, Love and Art

Facebook: @3girlsandakiln
Instagram: @3girlsandakiln
Etsy: etsy.com/shop/3girlsandakiln



 

Custom Stickers, Die Cut Stickers, Bumper Stickers - Sticker Mule

Comments

Popular Posts